Senior Reservoir Engineer
Hiring Department: Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC)
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Details: $90,000 plus/annual, full-time, benefited, exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more.
Position Summary: Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
This position is located at the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), an international leader in energy and environmental research, conducting projects for
clients throughout the United States and the world. The EERC offers opportunities in a positive and multidisciplinary environment to people with an exceptional work attitude,
dedication to high professional standards, and commitment to personal development.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and imaginative senior engineer or scientist to contribute to the success of the EERC and its clients as we pursue problem solving
related to advanced challenges in conventional and unconventional reservoirs such as production mechanisms and enhanced oil recovery (EOR) in tight reservoir rocks, CO2 storage,
high-volume brine disposal, and production data analysis and interpretation for unconventional reservoirs.
The selected candidate will perform one or more of the following functions:
- Evaluate andinterpret geoscience and engineering data.
- Use oil and gas industry simulation and othersoftware packages to determine the long-term performance of subsurface reservoirs and the fate of produced/injected fluids, mentor junior staff.
- Constructively work with other groups at the center; suggest, assist with, and prepare proposals to potential clients, manage client tasks and projects; and report results to clients.
- Occasional travel is required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at project/task/personnel management in area of expertise
- Seen as an expert in technical field
- Track record of excellent team work and customer service
- Excels at mentoring, advising, and/or supervising staff
- Strong leadership
For more information regarding the EERC, visit www.undeerc.org.
- Bachelor or higher degree in petroleum, geological, or chemical engineering or related engineering, science, or geoscience field.
- 8 years of experience working for an oil and gas operating company. Equivalent experience with service/consulting companies will also be considered.
- Experience creating and running reservoir simulations using Computer Modelling Group Ltd.’s software suite to determine fluid flow in both history matching and prediction modes.
- Experience with primary recovery and EOR.
- Applicants may be required to deliver a presentation to interviewers during the interview.
- Cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- Experience with unconventional reservoir performance and methods of production
- Experience with reservoir engineering analysis techniques such as pressure transient analysis, material balance analysis, decline curve analysis, and economic evaluation.
- Experience using one or more additional software packages: reservoir modeling and simulation such as Schlumberger’s ECLIPSE and PETREL RE or Landmark’ s Nexus, well performance analysis such as KAPPA or IHS Harmony, and PVT analysis software such as PVTSim or WINPROP.
- Experience with well and field production operations.
- Ability to design well completion test /DST programs and manage execution of such tests in the field.
- Experience with horizontal well development and hydraulic fracturing.
- Experience and understanding about CO2 EOR, CO2 storage, and reservoir monitoring techniques.
- Experience designing or interpreting field or lab experiments for CO2 storage or hydrocarbon recovery.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability, such as author or coauthor of published peer-reviewed articles or technical papers.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and AAO for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.