- Prepares text copy for Cirrus Aircraft maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, service bulletins, and pilot-related publications using the Cirrus Writing Style Guide and clearly defined procedures.
- Researches and collects technical information from engineering drawings, specifications, test reports, and vendor data.
- Works with engineers, pilots, and technicians to obtain, develop, and prepare content for publications.
- Incorporates data into technically accurate, easily understandable text.
- Coordinates with technical illustrators to supplement text with illustrations.
- Incorporates text and illustrations into completed draft manuscripts.
- Submits completed drafts for review and approval.
- Participates in the Technical Publications review process.
- Publishes approved documents using clearly defined procedures.
- Writes, verifies, and revises Technical Publications procedures.
- Associate's degree or higher in English, Technical Communications, Engineering, or a related field.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present technical information in an easily understandable form combining text, tables, graphs, and illustrations.
- Ability to interview subject matter experts, and to interpret complex engineering drawings, specifications, test reports, and vendor data.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, PTC Windchill, and PTC Creo View preferred, but not required.
- Airframe and Power Plant certificate, private pilot's license, or background in aircraft maintenance with a working knowledge of aircraft structures and systems preferred, but not required.