Unit Clerk - Wilkerson Commons Dining Center
Hiring Department: Dining Services-Wilkerson Commons Dining Center
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $11.77/hour, Full-time, Benefitted, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, EAP and more.
Work Schedule: Normal schedule 6am -2:30pm M-F ; may have variety of hours depending on filling in for leave plus rotating weekends
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Completes various functions on the Odyssey privilege control system (swipe meal plan cards)
- Greet customers in Dining Center
- Make self-available to students in the dining room to answer questions and get to know their needs.
- Assists student with various services: off campus board contracts, sack meals, birthday cake orders and board plan changes
- Various Food Service responsibilities including serving, preparation and various other duties as assigned.
- Support Dining room staff in cleaning of Scramble and Dining Room areas.
- Complete daily cash deposits and reports for residential and retail locations
- Reconcile safe and till funds for residential and retail locations
- Utilize Food Pro (print recipes when needed, verify billings on weekly basis, etc.)
- Compile and complete unit weekly financial reports
- Maintain TLAB (Timekeeping system) for Dining Units entering missing punches
- Various clerical duties, filing, report generation and report auditing
- Work in residential and retail locations as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of and enforces departmental, divisional and University policies
- Train student and part time help
- Must be able to work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products in professional culinary commercial kitchen
- Must be able to adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings except for a plain wedding band while working in our facilities
- Hairnets and beard restraints are also a requirement in our food preparation areas
- Wash the table tops and chairs in the dining room.
- Do general housekeeping in the dining room.
- Good interpersonal, communication, prioritizing, organization skills and problem solving skills
- Will use typing skills
- Will use business English, spelling, grammar and commercial arithmetic skills
- Uses excellent customer service skills
- Will maintain accurate records and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Will meet payroll and other deadlines
- Accurate record/account keeping experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 months experience working in an office
- 6 months Accounting/bookkeeping and cash/credit card handling experience
- Experience working with computers
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check
- Experience with Time and Attendance software
- Experience with the following Microsoft software programs: Excel, Word, Access, Windows operating system and E-Mail
- Two years of office experience
- Food Service experience
- NRA ServSafe Certification
- Valid Drivers License
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.