Cashier - Wilkerson Commons
Hiring Department: Dining Services-Wilkerson Commons Dining Center
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Status: $11.04/hour, Full-time, Benefited, Non-Exempt employee
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, EAP and more.
Work Schedule: Normal Schedule Monday -Thursday 10:30am-7:00pm; Friday noon-8:30pm; with rotating weekends
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
- Welcomes customers into the dining room: greets guests, runs the guest meal cards or U Cash Cards thru the Epic Card readers, takes cash from cash customers and logs the transaction
- Performs many duties on the Odyssey System: including inquiry of accounts, records sack lunches for the designated meal, records Wing parties, records special activities with bonus meals, reports to the manager when the system is down, records contracts not on the system and notifies manager and records meal counts
- Assists customers with various services: Off campus contracts, orders sack lunches, student birthday cake orders, and assists student with board changes
- Washes tables and does general housekeeping of the dining room
- Responsible for decor seasonal changes and special event changes in Dining Room
- Trains part time/student checkers on the Odyssey System
- Enforces the dining services policies
- Stocks the beverage bar, cereal bar, assist with salad bar stocking and production when needed
- Relieves the Dining Room attendants for their breaks
- Does the cash deposits and reports when assigned
- X and Z out cash registers when assigned
- Prepares documents for delivery to Dining Services office and other offices when necessary
- Adhere to all safety and sanitation policies which include removal of all jewelry and piercings (a plain wedding band is permissible) and wearing hair and beard restraints.
- Must be able to work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat products in professional culinary commercial kitchen
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year POS cash handling, credit card experience
- Has knowledge of food service operation
- 1 year demonstrated customer service experience
- Must be able to stand for 3-4 hours at a time and move 35-45 lbs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Creates and sustains a work environment based on ethics, integrity, trust, and accountability
- Serves as a role model to others in terms of setting the tone for acceptable behavior/conduct
- Creates an inclusive work environment where others can motivate themselves to perform at their highest level
- Treats others with dignity and respect at all times and fosters a sense of camaraderie and goodwill in dealing with others
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Criminal History Records Check
- 1 year Touch screen POS system experience
- Experience with data entry, spreadsheet, CBord Odyssey system experience
- ServSafe current certification
- Valid Drivers License
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.