Room Service Attend-Patient Food Se
01 Patient Food Service Department
.00, M-S, Req # - 17249
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Room Service Attendant enhances the patient experience by interacting with patients and their families in a responsive, friendly, professional and resourceful manner. The Room Service Attendant instructs patients on the meal ordering system, assists patients in placing meal orders, and assesses the patient's capabilities to utilize the meal order system. Translates Physician's diet orders; answers the telephone and is able to properly follow through; corrects patient menus accurately; maintains Call Center.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: N/A Experience: Previous customer service experience. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Serv-Safe Certification
Ability to read, write, and do basic math. Ability to operate food service equipment. Ability to interact with customers in a mature, appropriate and resourceful manner. Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers, understand oral and written instructions. Ability to use computers and to learn specialized computer software (CompuTrition).READING - Basic: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. WRITING - Basic: Ability to write simple correspondence. SPEAKING - Basic: Ability to speak simple sentences. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Basic Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY - Basic Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional variables.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds) for an eight (8) hour period; frequent prolonged standing/walking; pushes/pulls or moves/lifts heavy equipment/supplies; considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Ability to see, hear, sit, bend, walk, talk for up an eight (8) hour period.Stand - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Walk - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Sit - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Reach with hands and arms - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Stoop, Squat, Kneel, or Crouch - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Bending-repetitive forward - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Talk or hear - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours)
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Frequently 1/3 to 2/3 (2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 50 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances; exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness); subject to varying and unpredictable situations; exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements, subject to burns and cuts; exposed to hazards of steam, heat, wetness and odors in kitchen and/or patient areas.