#HelpingPeopleThrive is what we do @LSSND!
The ideal candidate for the Case Manager opportunity is passonate about helping youth thrive! This position is responsible for providing case management to support the delivery of effective and efficient care in a 24-7 Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility for youth by working to create a healthy environment to bring about positive changes in behaviors, attitudes, and values of youth residing in the facility. Case management includes the comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation, and overall evaluation of individual client needs from admission through discharge. The Case Manager will participate with the treatment team and facilitate treatment plan discussions regarding resident progress with parents/legal guardians and referral and other service providers as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Admission/Discharge: Build and maintain relationships with referral sources for purposes of recruiting admissions and presenting facility to potential referrals; Review and present potential client referrals to committees; Obtain collateral data and records; Coordinate admission and discharge process; and Work with parents/legal guardians on discharge planning.
Case Management: Facilitate treatment plan meetings and provide updates to parents/legal guardians; Facilitate and participate in meetings with families, workers, and collateral contacts on status of client and services; Coordinate CD evaluations and services; Facilitate investigations and work with team to resolve client care concerns; Facilitate medical and treatment team referrals, as well as legal proceedings; Work with agencies and service providers to facilitate case coordination and information sharing; Coordinate integration of services; Receive, present, and inform parents/guardians of pass requests; and Schedule onsite visits with approved contacts.
Reporting/Documentation: Complete paperwork for services as needed; Maintain client files ensuring updates and accuracy; Provide records in accordance with COA/HIPAA/Luther Hall procedures; Provide written updates to parents/legal guardians as needed; and document contact with families/legal guardians/service providers as needed.
Utilization Review: Complete medical record review of active cases and update with appropriate vendor or insurance carrier; and Maintain documents to ensure necessary information is provided to carrier as per specifications.
Other: Participate in meetings as appropriate; and Other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Bachelor’s Degree - Knowledge of specialized principles or techniques which would normally be obtained through a formal 4-year college or university academic program in Social Work
• North Dakota Social Work licensure required within 6 months of hire
• Prefer experience with medical terminology and utilization review
• Minimum 1 year of clinical case management experience with youth
• Certification in CPR, First Aid, CPI, and other Agency training within 90 days of hire
• Valid driver’s license.
• Less than 10% travel.
• Occasional requirement to exert minor physical effort such as regularly lifting and bending. Movements may require pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 15 lbs. occasionally or periodically.
• Usually normal concentration and deadlines with periodic periods of sustained deadline pressure. Work may involve changing problems, circumstances or demand.
• Work potentially involves moderate risk to personal safety of injury, illness or health problems arising from the environment or the public/clients.
Opportunity is open until filled.
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors Social Work
License And Certification
Valid Driver's License
Certified First Aid
License And Certification
Customer Service (Expert)
Data Entry (Intermediate)
Medical Terminology (Intermediate)
Office 365 (Intermediate)
Minimum 1 year of clinical case management experience with youth.
Prefer experience with medical terminology and utilization review.