YOUTH DIVERSION SPECIALIST
#HelpingPeopleThrive is what we do @LSSND!
The ideal candidate for the Youth Diversion Specialist is passionate about strengthening families and keeping youth from becoming involved in the Juvenile Court System through family support, counseling, and education. This position will provide guidance and consultation to individuals and families as it relates to prevention and educational opportunities and will work with individuals and families to plan and develop short- and long-term goals intervening in crisis situations when appropriate. The Youth Diversion Specialist will build partnerships with agencies and programs with services that compliment and strengthen the delivery of services. This position will track, collect, and report data to identify and measure program progress and results. The Youth Diversion Specialist is responsible for complying with federal, state, and Agency policies and procedures as well as ensure the service is operating within contract terms and conditions including completing paperwork as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Direct Service: Respond to referrals for services; Meet with clients for individual and family sessions; Conduct needs assessment; Provide education on prevention options with individual and families; Develop individual and family goals; Intervene in crisis situations and make referrals as appropriate; and Coordinate and maintain drug test distribution; and Respond to questions/inquiries related to service components.
Documentation/Recordkeeping: Complete assessments; Update and maintain case notes; Complete paperwork including activity reports, expense forms, and monthly statistics; Develop and monitor goals; Complete reports and forms as needed; and Complete reports as requested by Agency and/or external agencies for service monitoring.
Community Engagement: Coordinate and collaborate with partners and other resource services; Facilitate discussions with agencies and/or schools for service success or information sharing related to educational requirements or treatment goals; Attend outside meetings with and for individuals and families; Provide insight and information to build awareness of service through group meetings; and Collaborate with local and state associations to ensure best practices and access to resources.
Other Duties: Participate in consultation sessions, and education and training opportunities; Participate in supervision and other agency related meetings; and Other duties as assigned.
• Preferred Licensure: LAPC, LPC, LPCC, LCSW, LICSW, LAMFT or LMFT in the state of North Dakota
• Preferred Master’s degree in human services field such as social work or counseling
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in human services related field plus 2 years of experience providing individual or family counseling
• Will accept a Master’s degree with no experience in lieu of Bachelor’s with 2 years of experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Less than 20% out-of-town travel, does not involve overnight.
• Occasional requirement to exert minor physical effort such as regularly lifting and bending. Movements may require pushing, pulling, and/or carrying up to 15 lbs. occasionally or periodically.
• Normal concentration and attention to deal with normal deadlines. Work may be conducted in evening.
• Work potentially involves some risk to personal safety of injury, illness or health arising from the environment or the public/clients.
• Flexible schedule to include a minimum of one evening per week availability for client meetings.
Opportunity is open until filled.
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors Human ServicesMasters Human Services
License And Certification
Valid Driver's License
License And Certification
Customer Service (Expert)
Data Entry (Intermediate)
Office 365 (Intermediate)
Experience providing individual or family counseling required with a Bachelor's Degree. Will accept a Master's degree with no experience in lieu of Bachelor's with 2 years of experience.