Registered Nurse - Float Pool
The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting the care of patients including those in the following age groups: infant, children, adolescent, adult and geriatric. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards. This includes working with other care providers to customize and monitor patients’ progress relative to the Patient Care Guidelines. Key duties include: providing direct patient care, providing patient/family teaching, patient/family support and counseling, complex nursing treatments or procedures and developing and implementing discharge plans.
Primary Job Duties:
- Performs and documents assessments as stated on patient care guidelines/patient care plan and/or as patient condition requires, i.e. admission system assessment, vital signs, intake and output, ADL’s, etc.
- Ensures health history is completed using information from patient/patient’s family and previous medical records.
- Individualizes patient care guideline on admission and as needed while assessing for any need for intervention or referral.
- Identifies discharge planning/education needs as early as possible upon admission, documents and plans in order to meet those needs.
- Provides patient care which is appropriate to the patient diagnosis, symptoms and physician orders, following hospital policies and procedures.
- Identifies significant changes or high risk situations in patient’s condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced in reporting, consultations and documentation.
- Provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education and counseling based on identified needs to optimize patient/patient’s family understanding.
- Ensures that intervention or referrals are made promptly, particularly when exceptions occur on the patient care guidelines/patient care plan.
- Evaluates and documents patient/patient’s family response to treatment, education and progress so that discharge outcomes are achieved.
- Assists with testing procedures and testing procedure scheduling in compliance with validations.
- Performs personal cares according to established guidelines.
- Participates with Multidisciplinary Team to complete and accurately document discharge plan.
- Reviews patient care guidelines/patient care plan with patient and patient’s family as needed to help patient achieve their expected daily outcomes.
- Communicates patient progress and accurately documents on the patient care guideline/patient care plan using it as a basis for concise report at the end of the shift.
- Complete all documentation according to standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to adjust own workload to meet fluctuation in patient census and acuity.
- Assists with coordination and preparation of transfer, when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Registered Nurse.
• Licensure required by North Dakota Board of Nursing.
• Six (6) months of experience in a health care setting.
• Successful completion of functional assessment.
• Experience in a hospital setting.