Clinic Office Nurse - LPN - Truyu
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs pain assessment and takes appropriate action according to standard operating procedure.
2. Answers telephone, routes calls and takes accurate and complete phone messages for the provider and relays information in a prompt manner.
3. Prepares patients for exams and assists with procedures, per provider request.
4. Identifies changes or high risk situations in patient’s condition and takes appropriate actions as evidenced in reporting and documentation.
5. Obtains chief complaint from patients using information from patient/patient’s family and previous medical records.
6. Administers medication using the 6 Rights and according to standard operating procedure.
7. Documents all authorized medication refills and the instructions given to the patient according to standard operating procedure.
8. Assures lab work, tests, procedures and surgeries are scheduled according to standard operating procedure.
9. Notifies pre-authorization and hospital of applicable cases.
10.Demonstrates knowledge of location, set-up and use of equipment used for assigned area.
11.Reviews and documents pain level.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
For North Dakotafacilities
• Licensed Practical Nurse
• Licensed by the North Dakota Board of Nursing or licensed by a member of the “Compact State Agreement”.
• Nurses who provide nursing care to patients calling from Minnesota will need to be licensed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing or will obtain their Minnesota license within eight (8) weeks from their first day of work (telephone calls from patients calling from Minnesota can not be taken from any nurse unless they have obtained their Minnesota license).
• Experience in a clinic setting.