Rotating 12 hour shift/ $25.49-hr.
• Responsible for the setup, operation, and maintaining of multiple complex, high-speed packaging lines, conveying systems and support systems.
• Responsible for maintaining all equipment related to the bulk loading and shipping operations.
• Ensures production lines are properly configured for the desired products and maintains the line to meet production goals and standards.
• Performs all mechanical repairs and adjustments, including troubleshooting, to maintain the line in first class operating condition. Some minor electrical and instrumentation equipment troubleshooting is required to ensure packaging line control elements and systems are functioning properly. Requires performance of hands-on mechanical activities.
• Instructs other packaging employees in the proper operation of the packaging lines.
• Works overtime as required.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
• A two year degree in electronics/instrumentation is preferred but a degree in Industrial Technology, electrical, mechanical or automotive will be considered OR, a minimum of four years of experience operating and/or maintaining complex, high-speed packaging lines may qualify in lieu of the educational requirement.
• Incumbents are required to pass a Combined Basic Skills Test to verify basic skills and knowledge.
• Previous mechanical experience and the ability to demonstrate proficiency in mechanical repairs is required.
• Able to work with metric tools and measurements and be able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of common hand tools. Must have the ability to use a multimeter.
• Must be able to obtain a valid forklift license and must have a valid driver's license.