Deposit Operations Specialist III
Requisition Number 17-0124
Post Date 8/3/2017
Title Deposit Operations Specialist III
City Grand Forks or Fargo
Deposit Operations personnel are dedicated to ensuring excellent customer service through accuracy of data input, accuracy of processing, and adherence to specific service standards and compliance requirements. This position requires the individual to be self-motivated, exhibit strong attention to detail, exercise sound judgement and accept, support, and implement continuous change. The responsibilities also include strong system knowledge, understanding of all aspects of the Deposit department, process documentation, issue resolution and new procedure implementation.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Processing and Support 35%
- Process complex processes with unique results and circumstances focused on regulatory compliance.
- Processing support of Deposit channels which include but is not limited to:
- Checking, Savings, Certificate of Deposits, IRAs, & Safe Deposit Box Accounts
- Delivery systems including Business and Retail Online applications.
- Electronic payment channels, such as ACH, debit cards, domestic and international wires.
- Provide quality, accurate and timely service to meet processing deadlines.
- Acts with initiative on customer and/or system processing issues.
- Be a key resource to analyze issue and enhance customer experience.
- Demonstrate and maintain outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Technical and Team Support 35%
- Strong understanding of banking applications and functionality.
- Subject expertise on a variety of applications, processes and regulations.
- Maintain awareness on regulatory changes.
- Work collaboratively with Deposit personnel to identify and implement procedure efficiencies and achieve department goals.
- Identify needs and assist with department training.
- Be a resource on all of the team functions and responsibilities in order to successfully back up tasks for team coverage purposes. Ability to be a vital resource to deposit projects.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve accordingly.
- Comfortable interacting with various levels of management within the organization and application vendors.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: Product, System and Industry Knowledge- 30%
- System expert and strong knowledge of all Alerus products and services.
- Maintain in depth, up-to-date knowledge of all deposit systems and processes.
- Maintain compliance knowledge of required regulations pertaining to the job.
- Knowledgeable on business and banking industry practices.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development by actively pursuing continuing education, reading, and self-development opportunities to enhance skills.
- Bachelors degree in related field such as banking, finance, accounting or business, and/or equivalent work and education.
- Three of more years deposit processing or similar financial experience.
- Strong understanding of deposit products and processes.
- Proven ability to analyze and provide innovative solutions to solve problems.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel.
- Aptitude and willingness in becoming an Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or National Check Professional (NCP).
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently while supporting a collaborative, team orientated environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks through effective time management and organizational skills.
- Passion for providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Positive attitude, encouraging, and team motivator.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS)
- Spend extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Visional abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel to various branch locations as needed.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.