Mortgage Encompass Administrator
Requisition Number 17-0123
Post Date 8/9/2017
Title Mortgage Encompass Administrator
This position will use a diverse set of technical and analytical skills to execute business objectives in a highly dynamic environment, with focus in the areas of Mortgage. This position will seek to understand and analyze the processes and procedures, workflow, laws and regulations, and technical know-how of the Mortgage division. They will identify improvements to address problem areas or inefficiencies and administer/configure the primary mortgage application of Encompass to meet those growing business needs. They will also bridge the gap between the Mortgage division and the technology solution providers (e.g., vendors, the information technology department, or project teams) to build or modify systems. They will be responsible for all vendor management tasks and a resource for all Mortgage projects related to systems or technology change.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Encompass Administration 75%
- Understand and assist with the development of the scope document and communicate the expectations of all the resources working on the project.
- Design, implement, and maintain solutions in Encompass such as workflows, business rules, custom data entry screens, custom forms, pipeline views, e-folder, dashboards, reports, print forms and web center administration.
- Create & maintain the organization hierarchy of user accounts and access to loans, contact loan templates and system resources.
- Coordinate with IT on the set-up of new employees/application users.
- Train and ensure users are informed about the system functionality, enhancements and features.
- Act as the liaison with the Encompass 360 users to troubleshoot and solve system errors and issues.
- Maintain and facilitate monitoring of the ongoing system settings to ensure system is performing at the optimum level and according to applicable laws and regulations relating to mortgage lending and information security.
- Monitor interfaces to integrated systems ensuring systems are operating as designed.
- Manage software testing process which includes developing and managing the test plans.
- Manage and communicate ongoing software updates.
- Develop, configure and maintain a list of all business rules utilized.
- Create reports within Encompass.
- Track tasks accomplished, time spent and milestones completed.
- Keep current on Encompass product enhancements and providing configuration/implementation expertise on any new products from Ellie Mae.
- Participate and attend Encompass user group meetings.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Process Improvement and System Support 25%
- Collaborate with Management to develop a system of workflow rules utilizing Encompass and its features.
- Conduct business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data requirements for all mortgage-related and corporate applications.
- Implement and define new business processes.
- Data elements and system change requests.
- Partner with IT for application support needs and upgrades.
- Provide on-call support for production applications.
- Experience in Encompass configuration with strong knowledge in Personas, User Groups, Milestones, Documents, Roles, Business Rules, Admin Tools, External company setup and External/Internal Users and Vendor Interfaces.
- 5 or more years mortgage banking experience.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, implementation & testing of software.
- Experience administering software applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, end users and Ellie Mae experts.
- Strong analytical skills and experience identifying data integrity issues.
- Fluent in programming languages and logic coding.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.