Wealth Management Advisor
Requisition Number 17-0121
Post Date 8/3/2017
Title Wealth Management Advisor
City Grand Forks
The Wealth Management Advisor is responsible for enhancing existing relationships and developing new wealth management business. Wealth Management Advisors deliver comprehensive financial advice to their clients by serving as the clients trusted advisor and assuring proper administration and compliance with policies, procedures and regulations. Close working relationships will be developed with Retirement Relationship Managers, Relationship Managers, Relationship Bankers and Mortgage Originators to work jointly with clients and prospects as appropriate based on the client relationship.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 1: Relationship Management 55%
- Serve as a trusted advisor and contact for existing clients through financial planning, periodic reviews, and asset allocation recommendations.
- Analyze client needs and suggest appropriate solutions utilizing financial planning as a tool to understand client goals and objectives.
- Keep investment team updated on client and prospect concerns as well as industry trends in the wealth management business.
- Exemplify client service ideals of being responsive, respectful, and knowledgeable to both clients and fellow Alerus associates.
- Review new trusts and wills for customers utilizing other Wealth Management resources as needed to provide recommendations to clients.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 2: Account Compliance and Documentation 30%
- Complete annual regulatory review of accounts.
- Complete account opening packets and asset transfers.
- Complete requests for transfers of cash to/from other accounts.
- Initiate investment action requests to maintain compliance with investment objective.
- Provide requested account, tax and transaction information as requested by clients.
- Document client contacts and activities in the Alerus customer management tool.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 3: New Business Development 10%
- Identify appropriate new business by enhancing existing client relationships and sourcing new business through referrals. Work with Retirement Relationship Managers, Relationship Managers, Relationship Bankers and Mortgage Originators for Wealth Management referrals.
- Define and enhance business development strategies to grow assets under management.
- Establish new client relationships and investment accounts.
- Utilize financial planning as a tool to build pipeline, understand client goals and objectives and build relationships.
JOB FUNCTION NUMBER 4: Growth and Development 5%
- Represent Alerus in community organizations and activities.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development by actively pursuing continuing education, reading and self-development to enhance skills.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others whenever possible.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as well as knowledge of relevant policies and procedures.
- Complete all required annual compliance training as required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years wealth management experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Insurance and securities licenses preferred, or willingness to gain the necessary licenses as needed.
- Ability to work in groups and independently, prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Achievement oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (MUST BE MET WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.