Nurse Aide - 6th Floor General Surgery
The Nursing Assistant I assists in the admission process; collects data; collects information from the patient and/or family and relays the information to the Nurse; identifies changes in patient’s condition and communicates these changes to the Nurse; performs procedures according to physician order and nursing delegation; assists physicians or other professionals with procedures; performs personal cares and comforts; transports and/or transfers patients; demonstrates knowledge of location, set-up, use and cleaning of basic equipment; assists with the discharge process; completes all documentation; processes patient charge items and completes order entry and verification; maintains kitchen stock and performs hostess duties; maintains a clean, orderly physical environment and demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload. Patients cared for include infants, children, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must be 16 years of age and possess Certified Nursing Assistant certification or high school diploma/GED.
• Certified by the North Dakota State Department of Health as a certified Nursing Assistant or
• Registration by North Dakota Board of Nursing as a Nurse Assistant or an Unlicensed Assistive Person or
• Those who have in the past never been licensed or certified as a Nurse Assistant or Unlicensed Assistive Person or a Certified Nurse Aide may obtain registration by the North Dakota Board of Nursing as an Unlicensed Assistive Person within the first four (4) months of employment by completion of a return demonstration.
• Successful completion of the functional assessment.
• Previous experience in a health care setting.