Learning Technologist, Part-time
The College of St. Scholastica is seeking a 20 hour per week Learning Technologists to provide course development and technical assistance to College faculty and students for online, hybrid, blended and traditional environments. Will provide web conferencing support for synchronous online courses, develop and deliver training to users on instructional and productivity technologies, resolve faculty technology issues related to course delivery and live synchronous sessions and research and recommend technology applications.
- Provides support for faculty as they use teaching and learning technologies such as web conferencing systems, LMS, and other applications.
- Performs quality assurance of new online courses; redesigns and updates master courses; ensures technical readiness in course selections.
- Demonstrates commitment to inclusive excellence as an expression of the Benedictine values of the College.
- Creates and delivers training and presentations for faculty who are teaching with academic technologies; develops web and multimedia support materials and informational resources;
- Stays current on academic technology and online learning trends and innovations; makes recommendations on integration and use; assists with testing, troubleshooting and implementation of the LMS and other academic and multimedia technologies.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of the Information Technologies team.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree in information technology, education or related field; AND two (2) years of instructional technology experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Applicable policies, procedures and regulations covering use of academic and instructional technologies.
- Applying technical and consultative skills to understand, analyze, and diagnose faculty and student needs and to translate those needs into technical solutions.
- Appropriate selection and use of technologies for specific educational purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse populations.
- Using web, multimedia, audio and video software applications for creating educational content.
- Hosting and managing web conferencing and other technologies to support collaboration.
- Coaching faculty in the use of academic and instructional technologies and media.
- Developing and delivering training and resource materials on academic, instructional and productivity applications and technologies.
- Analyzing problems and developing effective solutions.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with coworkers and students from diverse backgrounds.
This is a half-time position. Will work M-F Afternoons/Early Evenings, Occasional Saturday Mornings
Department/Discipline: Information Technology
Pay Rate: High teens per hour or commensurate with qualifications.
The College of St. Scholastica is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. While there is no religious requirement, we are interested in individuals who value and support the rich Catholic Benedictine heritage of the College of St. Scholastica.