Kids Club Paraprofessional - Pine Hill Elemenary School - Part Time - Afternoon Hours (copy)
LOCATION: Pine Hill Elementary School
NUMBER OF HOURS PER DAY: 1.75 - 2.25 hrs/day
SCHEDULE: 2:45 OR 3:00 OR 3:15 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Applicant must choose schedule when accepting position.
STATUS: Part Time
This position is responsible for assisting one or more Kids Club (KC) Supervisors in providing instructional and supervisory support to students enrolled in the School Age Child Care Program. This position also assists with prep work for activities, participates in activities and develops positive relationships with children, staff, and parents within the program.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate and assist Kids Club (KC) Supervisor with the implementation of lesson plans. Lead program activities independently. Actively participate in group games, craft projects, science and cooking, computer lab, gym, outdoor activities and dramatic play.
- Work with team to develop the mental, physical, social, and emotional abilities of all children. Promptly inform KC Supervisor of any observations regarding difficulties in adjustment, learning, social interaction, behavior, and/or the physical functioning of individual children.
- Maintain and enforce the safety and security of the children in the School Age Child Care Program. Accountable for timely and accurate attendance counts and continual monitoring of the environment to ensure safety.
- Model appropriate behavior, and encourage children to develop positive social relationships. Intervene, as appropriate, using strategies such as peer mediation, conflict resolution, problem solving, and/or other behavioral management techniques such as Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI).
- Assist KC Supervisor in complying with district and KC policies and procedures, including but not limited to: emergency procedures, building orientation, confidentiality, student vulnerability, reporting (including injuries, behavioral issues and suspected abuse or neglect), and classroom management.
- Prepare equipment and materials for activities and arrange the program areas as necessary. This includes set-up and clean-up of the supplies, equipment, and program areas, as well as the preparation and serving of meals and snacks. Notify Site Supervisor about equipment that needs repair or replacement, or supplies that need purchasing.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families, and staff.
- Participate in staff development activities, and site and staff meetings, as required.
- Maintain a high level of fairness, confidentiality, respect and equity for all students, staff and families.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet District 833’s Highly Qualified requirements.
- Competencies as required by State of Minnesota, Federal government, and/or District 833.
- Proven teamwork, confidentiality, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to provide services to student as directed by supervisor in a manner that demonstrates a positive respect for the dignity and basic rights of children. Accepts work direction willingly and shifts work assignments and/or accepts new job responsibilities as needed.
- Models appropriate behavior, neat appearance, and proper grammar usage for all students. Helps provide a positive learning environment.
- Actively participates in district-sponsored training when offered.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and navigating on the internet
- Ability to pass Paraprofessional fitness for duty tests.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 50 pounds.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Trained in and experience utilizing behavioral management techniques.
- Current certification in first aid and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
- Sixty hours of relevant training in childcare.
- Six months of previous experience in childcare.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic academics and behavior characteristics of elementary students.