3 and 4’s Preschool Coordinator/Behavior Support - Tier III
LOCATION: District Program Center
This individual supports the ECFS Manager in the functioning of the 3-5’s preschool classrooms located in the elementary buildings and serves as the primary consultant for behavior interventions in all preschool classrooms (elementary and community based).
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate 3’s and 4’s preschool located in the elementary buildings.
- Coordinate, track and provide teacher consultation on behavioral interventions and strategies that align with the Pyramid model.
- Act as a liaison for behavioral intervention working with parents, teachers, principals and ECSE by organizing and facilitating consultation meetings as needed, prior to referrals or children receiving ECSE services.
- Ensure program and district expectations, policies and procedures, health and safety expectations and codes and cleanliness standards are implemented and supported in preschool classrooms located in elementary schools.
- Keep current and support the implementation of State Statute related to all funding streams supporting preschool programming.
- Support the alignment of program curriculum and assessment with State Early Childhood standards Birth to Kindergarten, MDE requirements, District K-12 standards as well as district-supported initiatives in coordination with Early Childhood Program Manager and the Early Learning leadership team.
- Supervise and routinely evaluate classroom settings and provide consistent visibility, providing mentoring and staff feedback to support developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practices in preschool classrooms, including the utilization of curriculum, assessment and lesson plans with fidelity.
- Conduct observations on licensed teaching staff. Work with ECFS Manager to address performance issues with staff as necessary.
- Support and implement strategies that support a positive climate and culture with teachers, paraprofessional and the Early Learning leadership team.
- Elicit and respond to feedback from preschool participants and staff related to educational services and preschool program needs.
- Assist in preschool program planning, including coordination of the preschool catalog and timelines as well as assistance in marketing early learning and preschool program events.
- In coordination with the Early Childhood Family Services Manager and the Office Coordinators, ensures timelines, processes and communication for preschool enrollment.
- Assist in the recruitment of parents and community members to serve on the ECFE/SR Advisory Council and Site Based Management Team as well as serving on the Early Learning Programs SBMT.
- Oversee and process preschool staff time off requests and payroll vouchers as needed.
- Responsible for posting, hiring and interviewing of paraprofessional staff for preschool classrooms in the elementary preschool classrooms in collaboration with early learning site coordinators.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching support for all probationary teachers.
- Ensure regular weekly written communications with site staff and contribute to program wide communications through program newsletter and staff meetings.
- Co-Plan and facilitate preschool staff meetings and staff development for preschool teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Meet with the ECFE/SR Advisory Council periodically and assist in coordinating and attending council sponsored program events.
- Participate in Support Team, Coordinator Meetings and Early Learning Team Meetings as well as other meetings as requested.
- Work collaboratively with building Principals and Community Education staff and programs.
- Support data collection and processes needed for State reporting.
- Coordinate facilities, equipment and instructional supplies for all preschool classrooms in the elementary buildings.
- Keep current in early childhood education, early childhood inclusion best practices and maintain the required teacher's license through workshops, conferences, and readings.
- Facilitate public relations within the School District and community.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, LICENSE, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Education, Early Childhood Special Education or a related field.
- Minnesota teaching license in Early Childhood or Early Childhood Special Education
- Teaching experience in Preschool and/or Early Childhood Special Education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with behavioral intervention systems for preschool children.
- Experience and a comfort level in working with parents and families.
- Grounded understanding of the continuum of development from birth through five.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to perform computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word, Xcel, and other district technology requirements.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
- Ability to attend occasional weekend events and attend to occasional evening classroom observations or evening meetings as needed.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively and as part of the early learning programs team and to support school and early learning program connection.
- Licensed in Early Childhood Special Education.
- Experience as a classroom coach or behavior intervention support and consultation with teachers and parents.
- Experience utilizing research-based observational or coaching tools (e.g. TPOT, ELLCO or CLASS)
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience in program management and development.