Adjunct Petroleum Production Instructor
NATIONAL ENERGY CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (NECE)
ADJUNCT PETROLEUM PRODUCTION INSTRUCTOR, #00011003
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position includes responsibilities for curriculum instruction and upgrade of online based courses and instructional materials directly related to production operators in the petroleum industry. Additional responsibilities may include student advising and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of the National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE).
- Associate degree or higher in Energy, Petroleum Production, Process Plant, Energy Management, Engineering, Technology, Education, Career & Technical Education or University Studies and 3 years non-teaching work experience or a Certificate in one of these disciplines and 5 years of non-teaching work experience or no Degree/Certificate and 10 years of non-teaching work experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of oil and gas production operations, including all production related equipment, artificial lift and other recovery techniques, surface handling of fluids, measurement, well testing and stimulation, well services and work-over operations.
- Strong knowledge of the oil and gas production operations including safety and environmental aspects.
- General knowledge of petroleum geology, exploration, reservoirs, leasing, drilling, marketing and transportation.
- Good computer software skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- Appropriate college degree.
- Extensive industry experience.
- Curriculum development, teaching and/or training experience.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary will be based on degree and credit hours taught.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled. To apply, click the orange Apply button at the top of the page. Complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, earned certifications, and transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Paper applications will not be accepted. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
STARTING DATE: August 2017.
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources . Meadowlark Building . PO Box 5587 . 1700 Schafer St . Bismarck, ND 58506-5587 .
701-224-5531 . 800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.