Surgical Services Assistant-Day Sur
01 Day Surgery Department
.60, Day/Evening, Req #17251
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- No Experience required.
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Surgical Services Assistant-Day Surgery is responsible for keeping assigned areas clean, sanitary and aseptic by mopping, scrubbing, stripping, scouring, damp dusting, polishing and vacuuming. Responsible for assisting with the efficient turnover of the operating rooms and additional assigned duties. Responsible for assisting with patient transport and positioning under the direction of the registered nurse. Responsible for supply management as assigned.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent. Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: N/A Experience: Experience in surgical or procedural services cleaning. Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Knowledge of work methods and equipment in cleaning; applicable safety precautions and safe work methods. Skill in organizing work responsibilities efficiently. Ability to use simple measuring devices; i.e., cup and pump; to understand and interpret oral and written material and instructions; to keep basic records and to fill out reports; to maintain a neat and clean personal appearance; to stand and walk; to turn, reach, stoop and crouch while performing tasks; to read, write, and do simple arithmetic. READING - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. WRITING - Basic: Ability to write simple correspondence. SPEAKING - Basic: Ability to speak simple sentences. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Basic Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY - Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES - Skilled at assessment and knowledgeable of growth and development. Provides appropriate care respective to the ages of the patients served per clinical environment.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Stand - Continuously Over 2/3 (5.5 - 8 hours) Walk - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Sit - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Reach with hands and arms - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Stoop, Squat, Kneel, or Crouch - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Bending-repetitive forward - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Talk or hear - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours)
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Frequently 1/3 to 2/3 (2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 50 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements. Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards. Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases. Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases.