01 Radiation Oncology Department
1.0, M-F Days, Req #17269
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree is required
- No Experience required.
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Dosimetrist, under the direction of the Radiation Oncologist and Medical Physicists, engages in treatment planning, patient and physician liaison and assists in equipment commissioning and monitoring health and safety regulations for the facility therapy services.
- Education: Bachelors or Masters Degree in a scientific discipline such as physics, biology, chemistry, or related field.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Certification as Medical Dosimetrist is preferred, but will give consideration to those individuals with a degree in the sciences. Certification must be obtained within three (3) years of start.
- Education: N/A
- Knowledge of radiation treatment planning, Universal Precautions, generally accepted quality control practices for radiation services. Team oriented, skilled in communicating both verbally and in writing. Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with other medical personnel. Ability to demonstrate positive customer relation principles and present a professional image. Ability to work constructively with other persons. Ability to perform computer functions associated with radiation therapy equipment. Ability to write legibly, see, read, hear, and speak English. READING - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. WRITING - Intermediate: Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, or procedures. SPEAKING - Intermediate: Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group situations or before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Basic Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY - Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking; assists with lifting and moving patients, supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Lifts objects up to thirty-five (35) pounds in weight.
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)