Licensed Practical Nurse-5W
01 5W Ortho Department
.80, M-F e/o Weekend, Day/Evening, Req #17271
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- Approved vocational/technical school for LPN
- BLS certification required
- MN LPN licensure prior to start
- No Experience required.
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Licensed Practical Nurse applies and demonstrates knowledge of the Scope of Nursing Practice as defined by the MN Board of Nursing and reinforced in St. Lukes policies. Understands the LPN role as part of the team that delivers patient care under the direction of the RN. Responsible for assisting patients with activities of daily living according to plan of care. Administers medications according to policy. Documents and reports pertinent information relating to patients progress.
- Education: Approved vocational/technical school. Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current license in Minnesota to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. BLS Certification with a designation of either BLS Provider or Healthcare Provider from either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or Military Training Network.
- Education: N/A Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Performs tasks within scope of education and Scope of Nursing Practice; maintains confidentiality; communicates effectively, both oral and written; supports St. Lukes goals; learns and performs basic computer keyboard operations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to hear, see, stand, walk, kneel, bend, lift up to fifty (50) pounds; Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking; assists with lifting and moving patients; lifts supplies/equipment; considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Frequently 1/3 to 2/3 (2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 50 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases; contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances; exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness); subject to varying and unpredictable situations; handles emergency or crisis situations; occasionally subjected to irregular hours.