#HelpingPeopleTHRIVE is what we do! Learn how Family Counseling preserves the families of at-risk youth through intensive in-home therapeutic services.
The ideal candidate for the Family Therapist opportunity is a trailblazer in providing comprehensive and intensive in-home family therapy services for families where a child or children are at risk of out-of-home placement. With a focus on family preservation, this position will utilize interdisciplinary treatment methods following the ND Model including assessments and goals to promote self-sufficiency and minimize dependency on outside interventions. The Family Therapist will prepare plans with the intent of increasing coping abilities and parenting and life skills, intervening with needed services, and collaborating with outside treatments and services based on family needs. This position will also provide crisis intervention.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Therapy: Provides family therapy services; Participates in interdisciplinary treatment with collateral contacts including educational institutions, and other professional treatment and referral sources; Develops comprehensive mental health assessments and initial treatment plans utilizing the ND model; Provides crisis intervention consultation; Serves as advocate for services for families; and Makes recommendations related to individual treatment as needed.
Documentation and Recordkeeping: Completes Family Assessment, Service Goal Attainment Treatment Guide, Termination Summary, and daily case notes; Documents home visits and crisis management interventions according to Agency and State and Federal regulations; Completes billing and expense forms as needed; Completes reports and forms as needed for Medical Assistance utilization; and Completes reports as requested by Agency and/or external agencies for program monitoring.
Other Duties: Participate in consultation sessions, and education and training opportunities; Participate in supervision and other agency related meetings; Provide testimony on behalf of Agency as needed; and All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience providing individual or family counseling
• Will accept a Master’s degree with no experience in lieu of Bachelor’s with 2 years of experience
• Preferred Licensure: LSW, LAPC, LPC, LPCC, LCSW, LICSW, LAMFT or LMFT in the state of North Dakota
• Valid driver’s license
MENTAL/PHYSICAL DEMANDS• Up to 20% travel within a 100 mile radius
• Standard movements with limited physical exertion required. Movements are consistent with what would be found in a normal office setting including exertion of light physical effort for short periods.
• Usually normal concentration and deadlines with periodic periods of sustained deadline pressure. Work may involve changing problems, circumstances or demand.
• Work potentially involves moderate risk to personal safety of injury, illness or health problems arising from the environment or the public/clients.
Opportunity is open until filled.
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors Social Work
License And Certification
Valid Driver's License
License And Certification
Customer Service (Expert)
Data Entry (Intermediate)
Office 365 (Intermediate)
Experience providing individual or family couseling required.
Will accept a Master's degree with no experience providing individual or family counseling.