Hiring Department: College of Engineering & Mines
Minimum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $48,000 plus/year, Exempt, Full-time, Benefited
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, EAP and more.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
This position will report to the Director of Technology for the College of Engineering and Mines (CEM) and will provide support for all Linux xervers and desktop computuers in the College of Engineering & Mines. This includes managing Linux computer image deployment, Linux computer lab support, Linux server administration, Linux destop support, VMware configurations, and Linux software/application support. In addition, this position will provide general technology support to CEM including Windows/Mac desktop support, Windows server administration, and web site administration.
Primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Linux desktop support (assist faculty/students with Linux needs, train other staff on Linux issues, troubleshoot complex desktop support problems)
- Linux computer lab support and imagining (build, test, support and update Linux lab image via virtual machine and direct install)
- Linux server administration (ensure server security, install, configure and maintain servers and train other staff on server administration)
-Communication, written documentation, and other duties as assigned (develop policies and procedures as well as documentation of system changes and problems, participate in team meetings, update supervisor and other staff on status of various projects/issues)
This position will:
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills (both verbal & written) with non-technical and technical users
- Use their ability to prioritize, multi-task, stay organized, pay attention to detail, and meet deadlines in a changing and demanding work environment.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving, sound decision making, and critical thinking skill
- Use their ability to work independently and be a team player
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in on-call rotations and on occasion, nights and weekends.
- Associate's degree plus 3 years directly related experience or Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field plus 1 year experience directly related experience
- One year experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows computers, specialty hardward and software
- Experience working in a complex multi-user IT environment
- Experience working with Linux Server
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation and training employees
- Valid Driver's License
- Successful completion of Criminal History Background Check.
- Experience working in an enviornment required to maintain confidentiality such as HIPAA, FERPA, and PCI Compliance
- Experience with software deployment services such as SCCM or Dell Kace
- Experience working with VMware or Hyper V enviornment
- Experience with client/server architecture
- Experience managing updates utilizing WSUS
- Experience with Windows Servers.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.