Technology Development Operator
Hiring Department: EERC
Mininum Hiring Salary/Position Classification: $38,000.00/annual-DOE, Full-Time, Benefited, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Includes single or family health care coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave, EAP and more.
Position Details: A Complete Position Description is available as an attachment in the bottom right corner of this position announcement.
This position is located at the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), an international leader in energy and environmental research, which conducts projects for clients worldwide.
For more information regarding the EERC, visit the EERC’s Web site at www.undeerc.org.
- The position is responsible for construction, operation, and maintenance of bench- and pilot-scale test equipment. Types of equipment include combustion, gasification, and process reactors including high-temperature/high-pressure systems, hydrogen production facilities, and materials handling and wastewater treatment equipment.
- Other duties include field sampling, fabrication of equipment, data collection, and equipment troubleshooting.
- Will be required to perform general mechanical tasks.
- Plumbing, electrical, welding, and carpentry work may be performed depending on demonstrated skill set.
- Travel up to 10% may be required. Duration of the trip could be from several days to 2 weeks. Shift work will be required on a routine basis.
- All projects are performed in a time-intensive manner. Because of the level of interaction with researchers, clients, and sponsors, as well as the emphasis placed on safety, quality, and timeliness, this position requires great attention to detail; excellent interpersonal skills; professionalism; initiative; demonstrated safe work practices conducting work in accordance with procedures and policies.
- Must have the ability to operate power and hand tools in a safe manner; ability to lift, bend, reach, and work above and below shoulder level, climb stairs, and work upon elevated open-grate flooring on a routine basis; ability to lift and carry up to 50 lb; and ability to manipulate, with assistance, 55-gallon drums weighing up to 300 lb.
- Applicant will be tested and must be qualified to wear a respirator and satisfactorily complete a physical exam.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.
Not required by the EERC, however some clients will require drug screenings.
- High school equivalency.
- Experience in a pilot plant or industrial plant operations or equivalent.
- Experience meeting deadlines.
- Satisfactory criminal history background check.
- Experience with the operation of specialized equipment and instrumentation.
- Experience with plumbing and pipe fitting, electrical, welding, mechanics or skills in fabrication.
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out www.GrandForksisCooler.com
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EEO/AA for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.
To be considered for this position, all application materials must be fully submitted by 5PM on the closing date.
UND is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status on the form found at http://und.edu/affirmative-action/apcontrolcard.cfm. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.
ND Veteran’s Preference
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at http://und.edu/discover/_files/docs/annual-security-report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND 58202.