01 5W Ortho Department
.60, M-F e/o Weekend, Nights, Req #17266
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- BLS certification required
- No Experience required.
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Nursing Assistant, under the direction of the RN, demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Nursing Assistant role in the team delivery of patient care as defined by the MN Board of Nursing and reinforced in St. Lukes policies. Assists in providing activities of daily living and comfort measures according to a written plan of care for assigned patients. Assists with patient care activities/services of a technical nature, and assists with daily unit activities and order.
- Education: Verifiable satisfactory completion of a Nursing Assistant Program or verifiable clinical experience. Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: BLS Certification with a designation of either BLS Provider or Healthcare Provider from either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross or Military Training Network.
- Education: N/A Experience: N/A Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Knowledge of basic mathematical computations; skill in taking temperatures, pulse, respirations, blood pressure and weight; legible printing and/or handwriting. Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions; to observe and report anything that varies from normal or expected; to communicate and work harmoniously with patients, families and health team members; to maintain confidentiality. READING - Intermediate: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. WRITING - Basic: Ability to write simple correspondence. SPEAKING - Basic: Ability to speak simple sentences. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Basic Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. REASONING ABILITY - Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. AGE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES - Skilled at assessment and knowledgeable of growth and development. Provides appropriate care respective to the ages of the patients served per clinical environment.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking; lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients; lifts supplies/ equipment; considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Ability to hear, see, stand, walk, bend, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Frequently 1/3 to 2/3 (2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 50 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Regularly exposed to risk of blood borne diseases. May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to unpleasant patient elements.