General Merchandiser/HHB Manager (FT)- Fargo
A Great Place to work with Flexible Schedules and Competitive Wages for both full-time and part-time positions. Hornbacher's offers a fast paced team environment where providing excellent customer service is our priority! Offering flexible schedules and benefit options for both full and part-time positions!
Hornbacher's is seeking applicants for the position of Full-Time Home/Health/Beauty (HHB) Manager at our Village West location. Prepare, display and promote the grocery department and provide excellent service.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Primary challenge is consistently meeting or exceeding department profits and labor goals. Position requires comprehensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of department operations. Departmental goal setting collaborative with Store Manager. Position is responsible for ongoing department planning, execution and evaluation in order to ensure maximum sales, effective cost control and efficient utilization of labor. Position requires ability to encourage individual and group effort toward department consistent and supportive manner. Position will work closely with Division Grocery Merchandiser to implement Corporate Merchandise programs.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
Makes a projected weekly work plan based on projected sales.
- Develops wit Store Manager a plan for department budgeting goals and ways to achieve them.
- Determines work priorities and establishes fixed activities in order to consistently maintain adequate departmental conditions.
- Keeps Store Manager informed regarding specific department conditions as well as successes and problems.
Implement the basic everyday item-merchandising plan and make adjustments to improve the plan for maximum sales potential.
- Decides on high traffic location and size of displays for in and out promotions.
- Assures Hornbacher’s sells through the promotion maximizing margin potential.
- Monitors and reviews customer requests for new product.
- Monitors store movement reports for unit of demand and profit items, shelf allocation, variety of items, product movement, and stock levels.
- Schedules reset as necessary to adjust space to sales relationship.
- Reviews SAPA report monthly.
- Keep Division Grocery Merchandiser appraised of adjustments and ideas for improvements.
Ensues efficient utilization and effectiveness of personnel and meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Effectively communicates priorities and objectives to department personnel.
- Directly assigns and supervises completion of tasks.
- Monitors customer relations to ensure a positive shopping environment.
- Ensures company and department policies and procedures are adhered to.