As a Carhop, you will be responsible for serving and delivering quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner while ensuring our guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In. Duties may include:
- Ensuring that all menu items meet operational standards
- Greeting all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile
- Making accurate change quickly and efficiently
- Carrying and balancing a tray weighing up to 25 pounds
- Serving our guests in a timely manner
- Clearing trays from our guests’ cars
Depending upon the employment practices of the individual Sonic Drive-In owner, some Sonic Drive-Ins employ Skating Carhops.
Skating Carhop requirements:
- Skating Carhops are unique to the Sonic brand and bring a special “surprise and delight” element to the guest experience
- Successfully completed assigned Sonic Skating Training Program
- Roller skate proficiently and frequently on various surfaces when delivering food
- Ability to continuously stand, balance and carry a tray, and sweep while roller skating
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required
What we’re looking for...
- Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous service to our guests!
- Willingness to cross-train on all the stations – it never gets boring here!
- A team player keen on cleanliness and safety
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to be flexible in all situations based on business need
- Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at Sonic
Apply online by clicking on the Apply button or call 701-757-1227
Sonic and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.