Customer Service Representative
Would you like to get paid for helping people live healthier lives? Are you friendly and fun? Swanson Health Products is looking for someone just like you to be a Customer Service Representative. You'll be the first person customers hear when they call our 1-800 number, so we need positive, upbeat people to be part of this exciting, fast-paced, locally-owned (and growing) company!
***Must be able to make a 5 week training beginning on Sept 11th. Orientation from 9am-4pm on Sept 11th, and then classroom training from 5pm-10pm Monday-Friday beginning on Sept 12th.***
Summary: The primary function of this position is to process customer orders and inquiries while offering exceptional customer service.
- Process incoming phone orders.
- Answer customer questions regarding products, services and order status via telephone.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge.
Required to work every other weekend as scheduled.
Provide prompt and reliable attendance.
Required to work overtime as needed.
Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Process mail orders.
- Assist with Web Chat.
- Place outgoing calls to Swanson customers to answer questions or resolve issues.
- Ability to understand, read and speak English proficiently
- Excellent communication skills; with an emphasis on phone and verbal communication
- Proficient computer and applicable software skills
- Develop and maintain product knowledge. Maintain an 80% or higher test score in product knowledge through the “Bottle of Knowledge” training
- Ability to make quick, accurate and appropriate decisions
- Ability to apply problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task
- Practice active listening
Education and Experience Required: High School Diploma or GED preferred. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to sucessfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time - continuously
- Ability to hold a telephone conversation - continuously
- Data entry and computer use - continuously