Web Quality Assurance Specialist
Swanson Health Products is seeking an experienced Web Quality Assurance Specialist to work on our growing Mobile Web Team. Ideal applicants will have previous mobile team experience.
The primary function of this position is to participate on a mobile team to execute the end-to-end testing efforts for all Swanson mobile applications so as to minimize bugs or risks to the Swanson customer experience, buying patterns and website performance.
- Continuously test and retest all new and existing features and functionalities (end-to-end, unit tests, etc.) for all possible visitor scenarios on all possible combinations of operating systems and browsers for holes in technical implementation; continuously test with the user in mind, including, but not limited to testing outside of the network during peak and non-peak hours.
- Work with technology and business stakeholders to gather, define, document and communicate test plans and test cases related to each project including 3rd party and cross department integrations.
- Create pre- and post-test communications and scorecards aligned with each scheduled release; deliver information in an organized and strategic fashion for easy consumption across a wide audience of clients; report out findings with a strong knowledge of the why’s and how’s.
- Maintain and improve upon standard testing operating procedures based on established requirements and business rules; ensure all standard operating procedures are being met.
- Maintain and improve upon test automation strategies to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and productivity.
- Accurately detect, report and document defects and test results on assigned projects.
- Investigate found problems and report to the team for resolution.
- Act as liaison between technical and non-technical staff where necessary.
- Bundle all projects that have passed QA into release, act as Release Manager and shepherd project through finalization steps upon go live.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments; continually look for ways to improve current testing capabilities.
- Stay abreast of new w3 standards, new software and innovations in the industry; make recommendations regarding hardware and software upgrades related to QA needs.
- May lead and direct the work of others. May train other team members.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- An innate love for bug bashing; finding them, understanding why they occurred, assisting with troubleshooting efforts, etc.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as needed.
- Extreme curiosity for searching out and finding areas of digression and ability to prioritize keeping the user experience at the forefront.
- Meticulous attention to detail, self motivated, commitment to producing quality work, and deadline conscious.
- Capable and comfortable multi-tasking between concurrent tasks with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Process oriented yet flexible to go ad-hoc when needed.
- Strong information gathering and analytical skills with ability to concisely summarize data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations; able to communicate findings to a team of various levels of knowledge; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of AS400, Database and IT-related technology a plus.
- Ability to mentor, advise and train peers.
- Have an understanding of usability best practices and methodology and user-centered design principles as related to eCommerce.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of 2 years in a previous Quality Assurance role. Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above. Experience in managing a testing environment of web-based applications across multiple operating systems, browsers, mobile devices and tablets. Knowledge of test automation best practices and ability to carry out test cases.
Equipment and Software Used:
- Mac and Windows operating systems, computers, mobile devices, tablets, etc
- AS400 Computer Systems
- Bug and project tracking software
- Test Automation software
- General office equipment
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time-frequently.
- Computer and keyboard use-frequently