Responsible for coordinating the activities of warehouse persons responsible for receiving, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts in stockroom, warehouse and yard.
- Plans outlay of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Lifts and carries loads of up to 70lbs.
- Maintains all inventory in a secure and orderly manner with appropriate controls as outlined in the Company’s inventory control guidelines.
- Distributes supplies and equipment from storage, upon authorized request, and returns them to proper place after use.
- Performs shipping and receiving function, including lifting and carrying loads of up to 70lbs.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established Company procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reason for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial action to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains file for converter control purposes.
- Maintains inventory reports.
- Other functions that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with some technical and general business training.
- Knowledge of warehouse activities and the flow of work.
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish duties without close supervision.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and its implications in the implementation of job responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and implement a simple record-keeping procedure.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully, yet convincingly, with other employees.
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in each area of the warehouse.