Hospice RN - Full Time, Day Shift
Join our team of caring professionals today by applying online at www.knutenelson.org!
Summary: Responsible for the planning, coordinating, providing and documenting care for terminally ill patients from day of admission through day of discharge. Utilizing physicians' orders and professional skills, develop and implement a hospice plan that meets each patient's specific needs and is in compliance with Joint Commission, federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines as well as the organization's policies and procedures.
Reports to: Director of Clinical Care-Hospice
Scope: Frequently communicate with the patient's physician, the IDG, and the patient/family. The foundation of hospice nursing is a complete skilled assessment, communicating with IDG and patient/family, and formulating a plan of care to meet the needs of the patient and the family during the terminal process.
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors. Must complete and pass a state required background study.
- A Registered Nurse, preferred Bachelors Degree in Nursing
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Minnesota
- Current BCLS certification
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to the extent required by the position. Able to physically perform the duties required by the position. Must have a car with required insurance coverage and a state driver's license to travel to clients' residences. Must have adequate computer skills. Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
Knute Nelson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Knute Nelson's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Knute Nelson is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement.
Knute Nelson also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.