01 Security Department
.00, As Scheduled, Req #17288
- Contact: St. Luke's Hospital of Duluth Human Resources
- Tel: 218-249-5387
- Fax: 218-249-6094
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 915 E. 1st Street, Duluth, MN 55805 Duluth, MN 55805
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- One (1) year relevant experience is required
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Facility Assistant provides safe access assistance and escorts for patients, guests, and materials on St. Luke's campus. Responsible for greeting visitors and providing information as needed at designated entrances to St. Luke's campus. Responsible for assisting in the safe and efficient transportation of patients, guests, and materials. Monitors access for parking ramp vehicles and reports violations or suspicious activities to Security Officers.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Experience: One (1) year customer service experience.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPR certification within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Education: N/A
Experience: Two (2) or more years customer service experience. Previous patient escort or health care experience.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPR certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to work independently and to establish good customer relations and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task and do data-entry. Ability to initiate a helpful interaction with visitors entering the facility. Ability to work in changing environmental conditions, and recognize and respond to potential problems or conflicts. Ability to handle periods of varying workload; low work activity (e.g. very limited visitor activity) at times with intense visitor demands. Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and exercise sound judgment and common sense.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking, pushing cart or wheelchair. Ability to read, write walk, talk, see, hear, push wheelchair, transfer patients and lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Stand - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Walk - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Sit - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Use hands to finger, handle, or feel - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Reach with hands and arms - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Stoop, Squat, Kneel, or Crouch - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Bending-repetitive forward - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Talk or hear - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours)
- Up to 10 pounds - ContinuouslyOver 2/3(5.5 - 8 hours) Up to 25 pounds - Frequently1/3 to 2/3(2.5 - 5.5 hours) Up to 35 pounds - Occasionally Under 1/3 (1-2.5 hours)
- Typical Noise Level - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Prolonged confinement in a small space in either a sitting or standing position. Exposure to cold or hot outside air. Small work space.