Lineworker - SWLP
- Installs, removes and maintains electrical lines, equipment and fiber optic cable by efficient and safe operation of various pieces of heavy equipment and specialized tools.
- Coordinates line work activities with various departments, contractors and the general public.
- Restores electrical service by trouble shooting electrical lines and equipment.
- Minimizes outage duration by effectively diagnosing problems and planning/implementing restoration activities.
- During the normal work day, occasionally works without direct supervision.
- May be the first to respond to trouble calls or outages, requiring development of appropriate response and safe guarding of the public.
- Required to work effectively and courteously with and around the public at all times regardless of conditions.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- External candidates must complete vocational line training program or equivalent.
- Internal candidates must complete pre requisite requirements.
- Over 4 year’s job related work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain appropriate commercial driver's license.
- This position is subject to the residency requirement of being 40 minutes from the reporting center.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.