Service Technician (Truck Center)
Position Title Service Technician (Truck Center)
Job Requisition Number 17-0659
Location Dickinson (Truck Center)
Description This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. Their work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Based upon their level of expertise, the service technician may work under direct supervision.Specific duties include:
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Perform diagnosis and repair.
- Perform reconditioning and repair of all machine systems and components.
- Identify and implement solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealerships area of responsibility
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers so as to present a professional image of the RDO Truck Centers.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Service Manager and assist other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participate in any and all appropriate training.
- Attend all RDO Truck Centers functions and meetings.
- Follow all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Set of tools
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
- Excellent oral communication and written skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Graduation from related diesel technology program (preferred)