Call Staff @ WITC Superior Campus
Call Staff @ WITC Superior Campus
Office & Technical Support
The call staff position at the WITC Superior Campus primary responsibility is to provide Learning Resource Center (LRC) desk coverage and excellent customer service to students, staff, and customers with minimal supervisor guidance. The person in this position would be on-call to assist WITC intermittently when business needs warrant, during specials events, and during peak hours. The position includes, but will not be limited to answering calls on the main switchboard, taking messages, and providing general information. Duties would also include greeting and directing visitors, setting up and taking down distance learning equipment, sorting and distributing mail, and word processing. The call staff position reports to the Administrative Assistant and LRC staff and must be available for evenings and flexible scheduling. Position hours vary per month and include both day and evenings.
Required Core Abilities:
WITC seeks to employ individuals with talent, commitment, enthusiasm, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to:
-Assess own learning and progress toward established personal and professional goals.
-Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
-Communicate effectively in personal and group settings.
-Contribute to a diverse, respectful, and inclusive working and learning environment.
-Effect change and demonstrate flexibility and positive leadership.
-Acquire and apply technology to working and learning.
1. Two years related post-secondary education/training OR four years related work experience, OR a combination of related post-secondary training/education and work experience totaling four years.
2. Strong customer service orientation. Must be punctual and have excellent attendance.
3. Presents a professional appearance at all times in both attitude and conduct.
4. Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
5. Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and skill in their application.
6. Ability to contribute to a team environment.
7. Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure.
8. Previous office experience preferred.
Typical office/campus environment.
*Operate switchboard, take messages, and provide general information.
*Greet and direct Learning Resource Center (LRC) patrons. Provide information about the Superior campus in response to community and general public inquires.
*Set up, take down, and troubleshoot distance learning equipment.
*Perform additional LRC-related tasks as directed by supervisors.
No applicant testing required for this position.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, and a resume. Original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts will also be helpful in our determining who the best candidates are to be interviewed. Please note that original transcripts will be required prior to any job offer being made. If you have any questions on the transcript requirements, Human Resources can be contacted via email at email@example.com.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
Please note: the College reserves the right to extend time limits or re-initiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Weeks per year
Hours per week
varies and includes both day and evening hours
Salary Hiring Range