Forum Communications is hiring a full-time Accounting Manager. This position will act as a business partner to The Forum of Fargo Moorhead’s General Manager and Company Directors to help attain efficiencies in operation and expense controls, increase company revenues, and develop strategic plans for the organization. Primary responsibilities include:
- Accountable for reporting functions, including monthly financial statements, information reports - including monthly, quarterly, and annual benchmarking summaries, operating and capital budget documents, and tax spreadsheets.
- Responsible for developing annual operating and capital budgets, including scheduling, analysis, reporting and transmission.
- Assists Corporate Controller with all accounting records and procedures, including general ledger and subsidiary ledgers, and detailed written reconciliations of all Asset and Liability Accounts.
- Assumes overall responsibility for timely and accurate billing of advertising and circulation accounts.
- Manages accounting support for the newspaper’s strategic plan, including the development of individual goals for accounting staff.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices and purchase card expenses for completeness of documentation and required approval.
- Monitors a variety of advertising and circulation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred. CPA preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years accounting experience, of which 2-3 years need to be as a supervisor.
- Must be a strategic thinker, astute financial analyst, and team leader.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starting individual.
- Ability to work long or unpredictable hours, in excess of 40 hours, without loss of quality.
- Ability to handle deadline stress and to work at a deadline pace when warranted. Flexibility is important.
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet (Word and Excel) important.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
- Must carry an acceptable level of vehicle insurance as required by the company.