Watch this video to learn more about working at Northwood Children's Services
Northwood Children's Services is recruiting for counselors.
This position offers exciting opportunities to work with children and adolescents in a residential treatment setting or a Corporate Foster Care setting. A counselor's primary duties include the day-to-day care and supervision of the students within their group. Counselors provide a constructive model for the students to emulate, teach various coping and communication skills, physical and social skills, and help enable students to develop socially acceptable values and attitudes.
Counselors are responsible for creating a living and learning environment that offers a variety of opportunities that serve to meet students' recreational, intellectual, social, and emotional needs.
Counselors succeed at Northwood when they:
• Are passionate about social services and dedicated to helping children and families
• Value feedback and accountability
• Value the collaboration that comes from working on a team and thrive working independently
• Are results driven and detailed oriented
• Have a sense of humor and find creative ways to implement ideas
• Think "outside the box"
• Value a strength-based treatment approach
• Are looking for more than just a job
This position works shifts, including days, evenings, overnights and weekends.
Two year's of college or other related post high-school education, or four years of experience in child care or the human services field. A Bachelor's degree and one or more years experience in the human services field is preferred.
Demonstrated experience of working successfully with diverse populations is also preferred.
A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
Opportunities for Advancement
Student Loan Repayment Program
403b Retirement Plan Contribution
AND SO MUCH MORE!