This individual will develop long term partnerships with our agriculture customers to build solutions within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of RDO Equipment Co. in a professional manner.
Specific Duties Include:
• Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. Sales Advantage) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
• Maintain a manageable customer list, while focusing on selling the entire dealership (i.e., parts service, and wholegoods).
• Effectively understand and use manufacturers' programs and resources to attain acceptable market share levels.
• Develop a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
• Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work site
• Maintain strong knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
• Work in conjunction with Sales Manager and New Equipment Ordering (NEO) department, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders.
• Accountable for timely follow up on each sale to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Coordinate and/or communicate with customers and applicable departments ensuring timely delivery.
• Coordinate pickup and delivery of equipment as needed.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Prior heavy equipment industry experience or sales experienced required.
• Strong understanding of local market conditions.
• Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.