Parts Specialist Level 1
This individual will perform a variety of customer service, marketing, promoting, advertising, and stocking duties related to the parts sales, receiving and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe and profitable operation of the parts department. They will assist customers by properly identifying needed items, using electronic parts catalogs and other available resources. They will merchandise, invoice and make any necessary entries to the inventory control system based on company guidelines.
Specific Duties Include:
• Assist in keeping parts department clean and professional.
• Record all sales (including lost sales) and/or customer transactions using Company provided systems/tools (i.e. PFW) and guidelines.
• Assist in maintaining the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Take a proactive approach to inventory control by assisting and or reporting discrepancies.
• Ensure internal and external customers receive the correct parts in a timely manner.
• Receive, ship, and store parts as needed in accordance with DOT local, state, and federal guidelines.
• Proactively study and stay current on industry and product information.
• Pick up and deliver parts for customers and vendors as needed.
• Mark and store parts in stockroom according to prearranged system and assist with cycle count duties.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Formal parts training and or industry experience.
• Understanding of mechanical and technical terms.
• Knowledge of parts operating systems preferred.
• Computer skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Customer service skills.
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.