This individual will provide leadership in motivating, managing and evaluating Service Technicians. The Service Advisor will efficiently coordinate, schedule and manage Service Technician's time, while maintaining the work order process. This role will also communicate with the customer in regard to quotes, job status and scheduling. This management role will coordinate activities with other departments of the dealership to best serve the needs of the customer and employees.
Specific Duties Include:
• Demonstrate leadership in day-to-day management of the Service Technicians under their direction.
• Assign and schedule jobs and work areas to Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
• Coach, mentor, and communicate job expectations to service department team members.
• Lead and take of management responsibility relating to hiring, performance management and overall people management with assigned Service Technicians.
• Effectively utilize the service scheduling and Ewalk tools to properly manage the flow of the work order process to completion. (customer, internal, and warranty)
• Follow and understand all of our manufacturing partner's guidelines, processes and expectations.
• Review and approve the daily timecards for employees.
• Proactively seek customer feedback, anticipate problems and respond promptly.
• Respond and follow up to employee issues and/or concerns.
• Review and process all repair work orders for accuracy and completeness concerning parts, materials, labor and approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
• Assist and support all aspects oft he service department in support of the responsibilities of the Service Manager.
• Responsible for facilitating proper annual employee reviews, 1:1 meetings and quarterly Career Path Level (CPL) meetings.
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership's area of responsibility.
• Maintain and demonstrate the knowledge of RDO Equipment Co. Service operations and procedures model.
• Effectively utilize company provided tools, i.e. Work Order Scheduler, Ewalk, Precise, DTAC, Service Advisor, Service Advisor Remote, etc.
• Handle warranty claims, including computation of charges, partner with the Central Warranty Department on the submission and follow-up of all warranty claims.
• Ensure that appropriate communications take place throughout the location/s by facilitating/participating in monthly open-book meetings, conducting regular team meetings, encouraging an open-door policy, and proactively seeking feedback from team members.
• Foster an engaged work environment within the location/s, encouraging accountability, open communication, teamwork and a commitment to service the customer.
• Lead and manage all business and/or department activities related to ensuring the customer experience is positive and that all team members are committed to creating solutions and long term relationships with customers.
• Ensure that the company/location reputation and image in the community is consistent with RDO Equipment Co. Core Values, and that business relationships with all stakeholders are not compromised.
• Manage the evaluation, allocation, and management of physical and financial resources and administer the hiring, development/training, management, evaluation, and effective assignment of people resources.
• Responsible for ensuring that sound and safe business practices and processes are implemented and are continuously improved to effectively and efficiently achieve ethical business objectives.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Technical knowledge
• Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High school and/or technical school education
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
About RDO Equipment Co.
Founded in 1968, RDO Equipment Co. sells and supports agriculture, construction, environmental, positioning, surveying, and irrigation equipment from manufacturers including John Deere, Vermeer, Topcon, and senseFly. With 78 locations across the United States and partnerships in Australia, Mexico, Russia, and Ukraine, RDO Equipment Co. is a total solutions provider. Learn more at www.rdoequipment.com.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.