Code Compliance Inspector
City of Brainerd Recruitment Video
NATURE OF WORK:
The City of Brainerd is seeking applicants for a temporary/seasonal Code Compliance Inspector in the City’s Department of Building Safety.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Performs inspections and related functions to residential and commercial properties to ensurecompliance with various city codes including, but not limited to property maintenance, housing, grass, and nuisances.
- Assists inspectors and city staff with investigations and special projects.
- Investigates complaints and issues letters of compliance.
- Works with individuals in the community to achieve compliance with city codes while fostering a sense of community.
- Responsible for maintaining records, filing, and other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Must have working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Completed or currently enrolled in a Housing Planning, Community Development, Building Construction, Law Enforcement or other related post-secondary education program.
- Experience enforcing codes, such as property maintenance, construction, or nuisances.
- Experience providing customer service or handling complaints.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT*: Salary is $13 - $15 per hour DOQ.
Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., 40 hours per week (no overtime) from May/June – August. As a temporary position, this is a non-benefit earning position.
APPLICATIONS: We encourage applicants to submit applications online at the City of Brainerd website. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with the first review of applications to occur March 8, 2019.
Or contact: Kris Schubert, HR Coordinator
City of Brainerd, 501 Laurel Street, Brainerd MN 56401
Phone: (218) 828-2307 Fax: (218) 828-2316
THE CITY OF BRAINERD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER