MLT - Full Time
The Medical Laboratory Technician performs and analyzes requested laboratory procedures and determines the validity of laboratory results and provides technical assistance as requested from other hospital staff members. Assists with all duties and responsibilities assigned to the laboratory and reports to the Laboratory Manager.
This MLT supports the mission and goals of Lakewood Health System through personal and professional conduct including concern demonstrated for all people served, regardless of age, race diagnosis or economic background. Is an active member of the Lakewood Health System team by contribution of ideas, suggestions, regular work, attendance, punctuality, adherence to Lakewood Health System rules, policies and patient confidentiality. Abides by and supports Lakewood Health System’s Employee Standards of Behavioral Excellence.
This is a Full-time position working 64-80 hours per two week pay period and includes rotating shifts (mainly evenings), every 3-4 weekend and some holidays.
- Performs routine and special tests in all areas of the laboratory. Testing is performed in accordance with written laboratory procedures and on acceptable specimens.
- Reports test results in a timely manner and all critical values are phoned to the physician or his/her designee.
- Performs and monitors quality control in all areas of the testing areas following established policies and procedures. Investigates all out-of-control QC data and documents corrective action. Notifies the Laboratory Manager of all quality control problems so further investigation can be performed if indicated.
- Performs and documents maintenance and calibration according to manufacturer’s guidelines and laboratory protocol.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Laboratory Manager
- Certified by ASCP, certification eligible or grandfathered in under CLIA 88. Must be able to achieve certification status within 4 months of hire.
- Experience desired, but not required
- Microbiology experience not required
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills
- Rotating shifts (mainly evenings), every 3-4 weekend and holidays
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Lakewood Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans) and Equal Opportunity Provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and protected veteran status. Lakewood Health System is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace.