Financial Planning Analyst
The Financial Planning Analyst will act as a primary consultant, tasked with providing timely insight related to business results and trends while being on the leading edge of identifying future opportunities. This position will be responsible for performing financial planning and analysis along with facilitating the budgeting process for various areas of the company by working collaboratively with field management on their business plans.
Specific Duties Include:
• Oversees assigned field operation's budgeting and business planning. This includes:
o Providing expertise in the development and refinement of a perpetual budgeting process by preparing forecasts and budgets, analyzing trends in revenue, costs, expenses and other related areas.
o Analyzes actual results to understand budget variances and revise projections as appropriate.
o Analysis of and recommendations on key performance indicators.
o Consulting General Managers in creation and refinement of action plans.
• Prepares regular financial analysis for assigned regions/stores. This includes:
o Specific analysis of a business function, department, store or region as directed and by self-identification of business information needs.
o Researches, analyzes and synthesizes data from the Company's numerous data resources.
o Interpreting financial and operational reports and explaining information to field management.
• Assists in streamlining of processes and reporting related to business planning, performance and efficiency improvement.
• Builds a great working relationship with General Managers in order to be viewed as a valued member of their teams.
• Consults management in the development of action plans which have resulted from the financial planning and analysis activities through the MMR (monthly management review) process.
• Ensures timely delivery of information to all relevant stakeholders. This includes providing tracking of results related to action plans, stakeholder scorecard and various other key metric reports.
• Assists in creation of various Company sponsored bonus plans for field personnel.
• Develops relationships with the appropriate original equipment manufacturers (OEM).
• Provides tracking and communication related to OEM sponsored marketing and incentive programs in conjunction the marketing department.
• Provides all other ad hoc analysis as assigned.
• Assists other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance/Business
• Minimum of 2-3 years of work related experience in an applicable field
• Must be a self-starter who can work with limited oversight
• Familiar with standard accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Attention to details in conjunction with the ability to see the bigger picture
• Possess excellent analytical skills and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate effectively with others and being resourceful in solving problems independently
• Information seeking skills and drive to make things happen
• Excellent computer skills including strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to travel 25%
Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.