Service Technician - Vermeer
This individual will be responsible for the effective repair of machinery and components at high levels of quality. In addition, this individual will assist in the processing of repair and warranty work. They will advise and recommend changes and improvements to the Service Manager.
Specific Duties Include:
• Assign jobs and work areas to Service Technicians according to their skills and knowledge.
• Arrange for and participate in repair and set-up of equipment.
• May have supervisory responsibilities.
• Proactively seek customer and employee feedback, anticipate problems and respond promptly.
• Respond and follow up to employee issues and concerns.
• Review all repair work orders for accuracy and completeness concerning parts, materials and labor, and approve the release of equipment for delivery to the customer.
• Work with the Service Manager or supervisor in all aspects of the service department in fulfilling the responsibilities of the Service Manager (may fill the Service Manager's role in their absence).
• Responsible for conducting and scheduling all in-house Service Technician training.
• Assist in the appraisal of repair work coming into the service department.
• Advise Service Manager of all customer complaints.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment for all technicians.
• Meet with Service Manager on a regular basis to review department performance profitability, efficiencies, and personnel matters.
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealership's area of responsibility.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent mechanical skills
• Previous supervisory or management experience preferred
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Excellent oral communication and written skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
• Graduation from related diesel technology program (preferred)
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.