Design Engineer I*
This role is responsible for product design activities including developing new designs and/or improving upon the performance and design of existing products. Will perform engineering analysis to ensure designs meet both cost and performance goals. Manage design schedules, test activities and R&D team members. Effectively communicate design progress to the project stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities :
- Design Lead: Lead product design activities with assistance from the R&D manager. This includes product development, continuous improvement and/or research projects. Develop and manage project design schedules. Ensure design activities meet project scope targets and overall project goals. Provide direction and prioritize design activities to design team members.
- Design, Development & Test (DDT): Perform engineering calculations and analysis, and work with vendors to develop production part designs. Develop or review designs to ensure fit, form, and function are correct. Ensure all drawings have the correct dimensions and accurately represent design intent. Create and execute test plans to validate designs.
- Customer Service and Technical Communication: Communicate product design activities both formally and informally to key project stakeholders. Work with manufacturing engineers, materials, marketing, sales and support, and project managers to achieve project goals.
- Product Knowledge: Become intimately familiar with product components and designs, understanding how design relates to field performance and certification requirements.
- Will lead the work of, and mentor, up to three associates.
Education, Training and Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering required (B.S.); Master's Degree (M.S.) or other advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge/experience in manufacturing processes, and window and door related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D Modeling software (Inventor preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite required
- Must have an Engineering background; and have knowledge of business systems and processes
- Must be willing to positively participate and contribute in a team environment, possess self-motivation skills, be dependable and trustworthy
- Must proficiently establish key quality characteristics, tolerances, and test methods to ensure the project objectives are met; also must problem-solve, train, direct, and communicate effectively and possess proficient organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities
Integrity Windows and Doors from Marvin, is a progressive company that is recognized across the nation for innovation, product quality, and the highest level of customer service. We offer a clean, safe, well-lit work environment, team-oriented atmosphere, employee growth, development, and competitive wages with health, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and profit sharing.