Early Childhood Teacher
Discover a meaningful career!
Hear from our teachers to learn more about how they changed professions and now have a meaningful career in early childhood education. At Bright Horizons, you can have a job that inspires you every day.
Setting the stage for learning
As a Preschool teacher at Bright Horizons, you will help curious, young minds discover the joy of learning. Our curriculum engages both teacher and child in an exciting journey of discovery. You’ll partner with a fellow educator to design fun and exciting educational experiences that recognize and foster each child’s individual interests while nurturing the whole child—their social/emotional as well as cognitive development.
At Bright Horizons, you’ll also find opportunities to experience personal and professional breakthroughs of your own. As a company with a learning culture, you will discover your full potential through state-of-the-art online training, leadership development and tuition reimbursement. Additionally, our company culture invites you to bring your whole self to work, because it is our unique attributes, perspectives and backgrounds that make us a stronger team.
How will you prepare our future generation?
What you will do as a Preschool Teacher
- On any given day you might find yourself building a castle with blocks, exploring STEM concepts such as gravity or velocity, or planning an herb garden alongside children
- Feel a sense of accomplishment as you hear the laughter and experience the wonder of children engaged in experiences you planned
- Work with co-workers to develop creative hands-on activities and projects based on your observations of children’s interests and skills
- Communicate with parents on a daily basis, sharing their children’s latest adventures, achievements, and progress through a variety of avenues, including mobile technology and personal discussions
- Live our HEART principles of Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork
What we are looking for
- Minimum age of 18
- Hold a High School Diploma/GED
- Previous experience working with young children
- Meet state educational licensing and additional center/school requirements
- A passion for childcare and making a difference in the lives of young children
We do give preference to child care teachers with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CDA or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood education or related field
- Have 12 months of professional teaching experience in a classroom
Bright Horizons – A fresh perspective on learning
In addition to being the leading provider of high-quality child care and early education, Bright Horizons is the only childcare company repeatedly named by FORTUNE as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”. We are passionate about building an organization where you can make an impact on future generations. It begins with the educators that we hire, and by helping you grow with us. We support a well-rounded, individualized curriculum that is fully engaging and tailored to each child’s developmental needs. This visionary approach helps craft enriching experiences, and empowers children to be confident and successful lifelong learners.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive salaries
- Career path opportunities
- Extensive health benefits
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement
- Volunteer opportunities through the Bright Horizons Foundation for Children
- Commuter benefits
- Health club discounts
- Cell phone discounts and much more