Accounts Receivable and Sales Tax Bookkeeper
Agtegra Cooperative is looking to add a full-time Accounts Receivable and Sales Tax Bookkeeper to their Accounting Department in Aberdeen, SD.
This position will perform bookkeeping duties related to Sales and Use tax returns and other tax returns, assists with annual audits, and assists with performing a variety of cash and accounts receivable functions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares monthly SD and quarterly ND sales tax returns.
- Handles payment of property taxes for South Dakota and North Dakota and the allocation of expenses to locations.
- Reconciles various general ledger accounts, monthly.
- Prepares year end audit work papers in conjunction with the annual audit process.
- Responsible for filing of 2290 Heavy Highway Vehicle use tax return(s).
- Responsible for record keeping and filing of International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) tax return.
- Assists with depositing cash and recording daily cash transactions into the general ledger.
- Assists with monthly processing and mailing of patron AR and Prepay statements.
- Responsible for daily ROA processing.
- Handles customer calls regarding AR statement questions and/or problems and resolves accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
908 Lamont Street S
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Apply for Accounts Receivable and Sales Tax Bookkeeper
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly