Seasonal Laborer - Fargo, ND
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Support location efforts of existing underground cable for the construction department and field operations as a whole. Serve as Midco’s professional representative when interacting with customers.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts.
- Actively support efforts to identify and clearly mark existing underground cable as directed.
- Maintain clean driving record.
- Be able to meet the physical demands of the job within the described work environment.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, and responsibility in the performance of work assignments.
- Maintain regular attendance to produce a normal, timely flow of work.
- Multi-task; be able to change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in all aspects of work.
- Function as an effective team member; support the efforts and concepts of other departments including, but not limited to: Sales, Engineering, Construction, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Operations, Technology and the corporate office.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be familiar with the procedures and equipment required to locate existing underground cable (“locates”).
- Be able to accurately identify and mark locations of new cable to be dropped and buried underground (“bury drops”).
- Be proficient with the operation of locate and bury drop equipment as required within areas of responsibility.
- Perform a variety of tasks and duties to support both field personnel and our customers.
- Actively participate in team efforts to support customer satisfaction.
- Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
- Produce and maintain timely and accurate documentation as necessary.
- Be willing to work on special projects as assigned.
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Apply common sense understanding in carrying out detailed written or oral instructions. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Maintain professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate exceptional team development skills, a broad range of departmental experience, and a positive, proactive attitude to excel in this position.
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers.
- Multi-task and be versatile.
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prioritize and meet deadlines.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Be extremely accurate and detail oriented.
- High school diploma or GED required (some college or vocational training preferred).
- Previous locate or bury drop experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or computer controls, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- May be required to climb poles (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings, weekends, etc., and overtime as business demands.
- Employees may be required to attend on- or off-site business functions or training sessions as necessary.
- All employees are required to actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.