Sales Strategist - MDA
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This position may be located in Sioux Falls, SD; Minneapolis, MN; or Fargo, ND.
Drive Multiple Dwelling Unit platforms and sales strategies for Midco by managing relationships, providing valuable customer insight, ensuring process and procedure alignment across all customer touch points and systems, developing reporting and monitoring controls through collaboration with Finance, Operations, Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Construction.
- Develop and drive actionable, data-driven insights and reports to cultivate sales options to help set marketing and sales strategy to generate new revenue opportunities and retain existing customers.
- Design workflow, analytics, and processes to improve all practices related for MDU business by working collaboratively across departments.
- Gather and translate between customer feedback to ensure new and existing products continually meet the needs of the customer today and in the future.
- Collaborate with counterpart in sales and marketing to develop accurate forecast models and communicate expectations across the organization.
- Evaluate and monitor improvements to the systems that house information on MDU residential and business properties to ensure accurate detailed information is available.
- Measure and report results; produce accurate and timely reports and analysis, and interpret competitive information for strategic planning.
- Research, identify and implement tools for predictive market growth to support business growth objectives.
- Provide unique and unexpected insights that fuel big ideas and innovation.
- Employ a combination of technical and business strategies to support MDU new business growth and customer retention.
- Actively research in MDU space on an ongoing basis to understand trends and gather competitive intelligence on pricing and product set.
- Coordinate sales and marketing materials with direct marketing promotions and activities across regions and territories to create and drive product launches and marketing campaigns that boost leads and drive revenue.
- Understand and develop relationships with MDU developers, owners, and local managers throughout the Midco footprint.
- Elicit cooperation from key stakeholders and other departments in team-oriented, collaborative environment.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and complete work projects.
- Possess strong people and relationship management skills to work independently, to interface with all levels and functions of the organization and to maintain good rapport and relationships throughout the organization.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities to make sound decisions while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a focus in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Marketing, or Product Management.
- MDU experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Analytics background required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.