Director of Enterprise Systems and Development
POSITION PURPOSE: The Director of Enterprise Systems and Development is responsible for leading the team that provides the planning, management and development of enterprise systems and web-based applications at NSU. These technology-based solutions are designed to support improved decision-making, enhanced administrative support processes and improved resource utilization within academic and administrative departments. The Director will lead the team in Enterprise Systems and application development and be expected to instill a strong customer service orientation and sound principles of project management to the team. This position represents the Enterprise Systems and Development department on system-wide committees and serves on the NSU NET Services Coordinator’s Council. As data administrator, the incumbent works with the system-wide Data Administrator to maintain the reliability and accuracy of institutional data and reporting. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Technology/Chief Information Technology Officer and works in collaboration with others within and outside the division of NET Services.
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Work with the system-wide Data Administrator to maintain the reliability and accuracy of institutional data and reporting;
- Work with Communications and Marketing on web development projects, including content management and application development;
- Serve as the administrator for web and application development servers;
- Plan for the collection of data, its integrity and reliability, and its availability for the operation of the University; for advisement of, and service to students; and to provide management information to decision makers;
- Plan for the integration of information from the various departments to the statewide information systems and vice versa;
- Analyze and write computer programs for collection, maintenance, and reporting of data for the institution and, if required, for state or federal agencies;
- Monitor production and distribution of data processing reports and reviews reports for accuracy and applicability;
- Lead in the stewardship of the university’s enterprise systems to maximize the investment and enable the full deployment of its capabilities;
- Act as the liaison for the department with other campus departments, the regental system, and vendors in matters related to the enterprise and web systems and all related systems;
- Utilize proven project management techniques to provide timely and effective support and services to departments;
- Perform programming analysis, design, development and documentation as needed;
- Proactively communicate and ensure that constituents are informed of relevant issues in a timely manner;
- Develop, implement, maintain and support select internal applications used by NET Services, the Center for Statewide E-learning and other departments on campus;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Interview, select, supervise, and evaluate department personnel;
- Establish goals, strategies and work plans to ensure optimized operation of the enterprise and web systems;
- Prepare departmental budget and manage department within budget constraints;
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, with focus in computer science, computer information systems, software development, or related field;
- At least three years’ experience in the management and oversight of a technology-related department.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 4+ years progressive experience in application development;
- 2+ years of recent management experience, preferably in technology-related position within higher education;
- Strong technical knowledge of administrative software applications, client/server software, web development tools, relational/non-relational databases, and SQL/PLSQL required;
- Experience with IBM Cognos or SAS and Ellucian ERP or similar systems is highly desirable;
- Experience with content management systems (Drupal) and mobile application development preferred;
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing in a higher education context would be ideal;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with the NET Services staff, the campus community and the regental system;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required;
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrated knowledge of project management.